Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 29, 2024, 02:21:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Some Night Cbs from Last Sunday

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Some Night Cbs from Last Sunday  (Read 250 times)
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« on: March 12, 2009, 04:33:54 pm »

Here's a few time exposures taken on Sunday night (March 8th) of a nice cell which was drfiting away into the E. I seen a flash of lightning to my NE and thought this cell might do likewise but it didn't produce the goods. The anvil was rock solid, and well rounded in shape, and certainly looked the part. The stars and the moonlight really brought the scene to life. A few car trails helped too. Pity about no c-gs. These were taken on a rough night with squalls of rain, hail, and later snow with thunderstorms to the W which could be seen flashing from the countryside here. 20 sec exposures at ISO400 with a 28m wide angle lens wide open.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Big Dipper
Events

Oxford, UK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 06:44:15 pm »

Spectacular stuff Martin with plenty going on in each shot. You seem to have a knack of always being at the right place at the right time when these spectacles of nature present themselves. My favourite has to be that first one as it is so dramatic looking. Glad to see my (so-called) constellation of Gemini appearing in that last shot, with Leo to the left of the image.
Report Spam   Logged

Remember:- If all else fails, read the Instruction Manual! Grin

Andy
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 01:59:19 am »

Thanks very much Andy. I hope to get more of those in the future with lightning and stars aloft...that's if mother nature plays ball  Smiley. Thanks again for the comment.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum