Astronomy, Photography and Weather
April 19, 2024, 03:39:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Severe Squall Line Hits N. Ireland - Sat March 7th 09

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Severe Squall Line Hits N. Ireland - Sat March 7th 09  (Read 2555 times)
stuart2588

View Profile
« on: March 07, 2009, 08:51:59 pm »

Martin think I experienced something very similar to you at around 826pm in Newtownabbey.

We were sat watchin tv and I was havin a look at the rainfall radar. The wind had picked up and the rain was getting so hard we decided to turn the tv down to have a listen.

Then all of a sudden the roar that came down the chimney was unbelievable. I ran to the front door to look out and as I opened it the rain almost hurt as it hit me in the face. It was almost a struggle to stop the front door from blowing backwards and my bro then came running in as the wind comming through the door was rattling the blinds all over the house.

It only lasted a few mins and all is quiet here now. I didnt manage to see any lightning but there is always next time.

For a moment I also imagined a tornado was about to hit lol. Really cool stuff.

Stuart
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum