Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 28, 2024, 01:54:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Fog Storm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fog Storm  (Read 337 times)
Tyler

Lincoln, Nebraska/Waconia, Minnesota, USA

View Profile WWW
« on: March 07, 2009, 08:20:55 am »

This was a freaking crazy thing that happened, totally unexpected. I just finished the report, So i'm not about to type it all out again. But I was on a 300ft hill and this fog line came in...here is one image... but check out all of them here...

http://tonightssky.org/account030509.html

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 01:34:25 pm »

Tyler, I really enjoyed reading your report and viewing those special images. Sounds like you had quite an adventure up there, first comet Lulin, then a huge roll of fog sweeping in...looks greats. I really like the images of the fog with stars aloft, but I also like the shot showing the fog on the horizon with the Sun below at centre and of course the wind mill. Great pespective in the image with the bench...what a view. That looks like a great location to shoot aurora and NLC from. Imagine an aurora doing it's thing behind that wind mill  Smiley. Anyway, great stuff!.

I read with delight that you got your first lightning of the year. Looking forward to seeing those images.
Report Spam   Logged

Tyler

Lincoln, Nebraska/Waconia, Minnesota, USA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 05:01:59 pm »

Thanks Martin Smiley It was the coolest fog I have been in. Not to mention one of the spookiest things I have done. lol definitely would be a nice location to shoot aurora, It's very dark up there without a moon. It's a class 3 on the borte scale. I was hoping to get up there for Lulin before the moon came up - like February 24th - but I was just too busy. I will definitely be going up there for the persieds
this year.

I'm about to upload the lightning from last night  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 11:09:26 am »

That was lucky to be there as it rolled in. We have a location just like that here-amazing....er..but not the storms lol
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum