Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 19, 2024, 03:36:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Hi from Loving Texas

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi from Loving Texas  (Read 2241 times)
Steaphany

View Profile
« on: April 22, 2009, 04:48:30 pm »

I just found this forum through a google search and decided to join, especially since astronomy and weather photography are interests of mine.  

I've been into photography since the 1970's, done B&W and color wet chemical film/photo processing, and very comfortable shooting with everything manual. I have a small collection of antiques and my present active equipment consists of a Sigma SD14 dSLR with a Sigma 28mm f1.8 EX DG, a Sigma 18-50mm f2.8 EX DC, and an Orion 90mm Ø Maksutov Cassegrain, Focal Length 1250mm @ f13.9. I also use a Voigtländer Vitoret RM6.0 point and shoot for snaps.

To give everyone a little something to look at, and an idea of what I like to do, here is my latest time lapse:

(I hope the Admins/Moderators don't mind the link, I could not figure out how to embed the video)
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

John9929
Global Moderator

Maghaberry, N.Ireland.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 05:16:00 pm »

Welcome to the forum Steaphany, great to have you with us.
Report Spam   Logged

John9929.
Roman White

Poltava, Ukraine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 06:47:55 pm »

Hello Steaphany and welcome to our forum, I hope you'll enjoy being here  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

SkyWatcher 130/900mm EQ3, Bresser 76/700mm, 20x90 bino. and other, Olympus SP-550UZ
Eclipse & comet chaser, occultation & meteor observer
Poltava Astronomy Portal
Paul
Global Moderator

Larne, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 07:15:17 pm »

Hi Steaphany, and welcome to the forum!

Where in Texas are you? I have an auntie in Galveston who is still getting her house sorted out after September's hurricane. I also travelled across from New Mexico to Louisiana and back from New Orleans to Houston as part of a big trip (starting in San Francisco) several years ago and really couldn't get over just how big Texas is!

Paul.
Report Spam   Logged

rjgjr
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 07:24:25 pm »

Welcome to the forum Steaphany. Such a beautiful video you have put together. I love how the cattle and horses meander in and out of the frames throughout the day, very interesting. Texas is such a vast and diverse area. I traveled across the panhandle about  6 weeks ago and had a day just like in the video. Beautiful cloudscapes. I'm from Gold Baech, Oregon btw, a little closer than most on this forum. A great forum, you will enjoy it.
Report Spam   Logged
Steaphany

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 12:42:14 am »

Paul,

I'm up in North Central Texas, roughly 100 miles West of Fort Worth where I have my 67 acre ranch, far enough inland to not worry about hurricanes.

To Everyone,

Thanks for the welcome.
Report Spam   Logged
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 01:08:58 pm »

Hi Steaphany, great to have you on here!. I was very impressed by your time lapse videos. Looking forward to seeing more wonderful images from Texas  Smiley.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 01:10:59 pm by martinastro » Report Spam   Logged

Tyler

Lincoln, Nebraska/Waconia, Minnesota, USA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 04:15:43 pm »

Welcome Steaphany! good to have another member from the states! (im from Nebraska)
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum