Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 28, 2024, 11:57:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Night Convection, Stars & Faint Moonbow - Feb 6th.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Night Convection, Stars & Faint Moonbow - Feb 6th.  (Read 1209 times)
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2009, 05:08:56 pm »

Richard, congratulations on your first Moonbow, and a cracker it is to!!. I can see it easily, I like the fact that it's a coloured stump of a bow forming on the precip under that nice convection. Fantastic. I knew you would catch one from your location. Lovely anvil too. You are ready for the big bows now!!  Smiley Thanks for sharing that.
Report Spam   Logged

rjgjr
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2009, 05:39:34 pm »

Thanks for the comment Martin. Most of your images give me the initiative to actually go out and look for some of these items and not wait for them to look in the window at me. Thanks.
Report Spam   Logged
Tyler

Lincoln, Nebraska/Waconia, Minnesota, USA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2009, 05:47:39 pm »

Great work Richard! its easily spotted even with the glare of the sun on my screen. I think you will have some great images very soon with your location  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

rjgjr
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2009, 08:29:41 pm »

Thanks for the comments Tyler! Looking forward to your storm chasing this Spring.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum