Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 29, 2024, 03:16:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

A Big Thank You To Paul Evans

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Big Thank You To Paul Evans  (Read 1318 times)
lunartic

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2008, 08:40:08 pm »

Hi there

As a relative newbie to photography I have taken plenty of photos, but have had nowhere to display them, until now.  I would like to extend a huge thank you to Paul for setting up the site and allowing me to display my humble efforts.
Report Spam   Logged

Paul

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Paul
Global Moderator

Larne, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 10:42:32 pm »

Hey Paul,

Thanks for that, it has been my pleasure and I'm glad that so many people have joined up and are enjoying the sharing of pictures, information about astronomy and, well, the weather!

The credit is not mine alone - I'm just the techie who put the nuts and bolts together - John McConnell, Martin McKenna and myself all discussed this before we set it up and there's just as many of their ideas in here as mine.

We're all pleased with the way in which this wee place has taken off and want to thank all of you who have chosen to join in the fun!

Cheers!
Report Spam   Logged

Matthew C

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 01:07:12 am »

I wholeheartedly agree!!! I liked the idea of this forum! It was an outlet from irishastronomy and it seems much more relaxed and friendly if im honest! I love the feedback ive gotten already like whereas in the other forum i could post a photo and maybe get just a isngle reply cos my photos aint nothin special! Theres too many practically professional photographers on that board their images make me wanna give up but its a learning process and i like the atmosphere on these boards! Nice anf laid back, enjoy our hobbies and compliment and steer each others attempts!

So thanks guys its a fab forum and i expect to stick here!!! Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Matthew Cahill
Observing Director,Committe Member and IFAS rep for GAC.

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe,is as good as dead.
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 02:34:41 pm »

It's great to read such positive feedback about this new forum. Thanks Paul and Matthew for expressing your views. I have always wondered why there are so few places which don't accomodate all three subjects in one forum. Paul, John and I have known each other in the astronomical world for quite some time now and have been through alot of interesting events, so we thought a fresh new place is just what the community needed. So far the forum looks to have achieved it's goals...even exceeded them!.

Paul Evans is being modest. All I did was hint at the idea to Paul then he made the magic happen. Not one for standing still, the forum was online only a few hours after the discussion. Being a 'doer' rather than a 'talker' I firmly believe we could have no better person than Paul Evans running this place  Smiley

To the future...
Report Spam   Logged

Roman White

Poltava, Ukraine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 03:10:41 pm »

I join to all of the positive words were said here. And as I had said before, this forum is the great place where the people can share their interests on the three main subjects - astronomy,weather and photography
 Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

SkyWatcher 130/900mm EQ3, Bresser 76/700mm, 20x90 bino. and other, Olympus SP-550UZ
Eclipse & comet chaser, occultation & meteor observer
Poltava Astronomy Portal
Steveo74

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 05:57:25 pm »

Well said all!!!  I totally agree with all your feelings about the forum.  So a big Thanks to Paul, Martin & John.  Grin Cheesy

Report Spam   Logged

Thanks,
         Steven..

Visit my Blog http://steviesskyshack.blogspot.com

Visit my Flickr  http://www.flickriver.com/photos/16671294@N07/

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum